In addition to the responsibilities related to their role on the AAP Board of Directors, district chairpersons will also assume the following district responsibilities:
- Work with district officers to establish district goals and keep the chapters in the district focused on meeting these goals and those of the AAP.
- Attend in-person and virtual district meetings.
- Preside at the annual district meeting and coordinate with district vice chairpersons in the planning and execution of this meeting.
- Attend chapter meetings in coordination with district vice chairpersons.
- Serve as spokesperson for the district in representing the interests of pediatrics at the federal, state, and community levels.